Aeras in the News
In Print and Online
- Unmasking TB, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, March 2015
- Tuberculosis forum opens in China, Times of Zambia, April 20
- Researchers working to find safest, effective TB vaccine, Capital News, April 21
- Preventing TB spread key in fighting the disease, Capital News, April 23
- Vaccination of elderly may curb rise in China TB cases, Sci Dev Net, April 27
- Global partnerships key to eradicating TB, Devex, May 5
- Fighting the Tuberculosis Threat, New York Times, June 18
- Series of four co-authored Op Eds in Germany and the Netherlands including the One blog.
- In honor of World TB Day, Voice of America interviewed Aeras VP, Lew Shrager, and TB advocate Dr. Uvi Naidoo (featured in TB Unmasked) in both television and radio interviews.
- Aeras collaborated with SABC, a national television channel to have a panel discussion on TB.
- TV film crew from local NBC affiliate (WRC-TV) came to Aeras for a story about why the world needs a new TB vaccine. Interviewed CMO Ann Ginsberg, an American TB patient, and filmed background footage in the immunology lab.
2014 was an exciting year for Aeras in the media! From National Public Radio to online news to magazines, we have been spreading the word about the need for a TB vaccine. Check out some of the places that Aeras has been mentioned.
- Dr. Ann Ginsberg, Chief Medical Officer of Aeras, appeared on “The Diane Rehm Show,” a nationally syndicated public radio program, in March to discuss the global rise of drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis, including how they develop and the importance of combatting them with new preventative vaccines and treatments.
In Print and Online
- Davos: An Age-old Resort to Cure ‘Bad Breath’, Huffington Post Blog, January 23
- An Ounce of Gold for a Pound of Cure, Huffington Post Blog, January 23
- TB R&D Is ‘Integral Part Of Making Southern African Mines Safer’, Kaiser Family Foundation’s Daily Global Health Policy Report, February 7
- TB, disease of the poor, now threatens the rich, Financial Times, March 23
- Tuberculosis Drug Discovery Advances, Pharma at About.com, June 07
- Doctors in the line of TB fire, IOL – Independent Online, June 12
- Novel TB vaccine offers hope, IOL – Independent Online, September 10
- War on TB: New vaccine for adults in the pipeline, The East African, September 13
- New Vaccines Targeting Adults and Teens are Best Chance to Eliminate TB by 2050, Infection Control Today, October 6
- Rwanda: Higher Targets Set to Eliminate TB, AllAfrica.com, December 21
- NPO tackles high TB rate at SA gold mines, Mining Weekly, August, 1, 2014
- Towards an effective TB vaccine, The Atlantic, September 26, 2014